   RE: [xml-dev] XML in the alleged Real World

Consider that the audience only wants to succeed.

In my experience of the past two years of trying
to get some to accept the necessity of training, they
usually reply, 'show me the code! show me the code!'
One can warn them that coding for XML without
understanding its abstractions has perils; yet
they reply 'Give me my perils over your boredom!'

My guilty pleasure is watching the agony of their
managers. ;-)

len

Krishna speaks to Arjuna:

"The gift lovingly given, when one shall say
'Now must I gladly give... made in due place,
due time and to a meet recipient, is the gift
of Sattwan, fair and profitable."

- The Threefold Kinds of Faith"

From: Mike Brown [mailto:mike@skew.org]

So I don't know. I have mixed feelings about it. There are so many of us who
don't like to do a lot of reading before we actually write code, you know?
So having examples up front are helpful in that regard.

Technical literature always has to make some kind of sacrifice in how it
communicates a concept, trying to strike the right balance between explanation
and demonstration. I've yet to figure out the best formula for achieving this.