   RE: [xml-dev] Reducing the Entropy (was Re: [xml-dev] Does XML-Dev matte

> Of course, weblogs such as Leigh Dodds
> http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic/ that explicitly try to
> reduce the entropy by summarizing the key points in a lot of
> give and take are fantastic resources, but get much of their
> energy from the mailing list.

Thanks Mike, that and copious amounts of coffee anyway! I wrote
down some musings on this the other day [1], essentially that
there's an awful lot of useful information/discussion on mailing
lists which doesn't get extracted (beyond search engine indexing).

I've always been interested in the silent majority that is XML-DEV.
I seem to recall someone (Rick?) suggesting that cultural differences
might be on reason why folks remain silent -- or at least don't
overtly disagree.

Personally it took me a while to pluck up the courage to comment
on this list -- as a newbie it was quite daunting.

[1]. http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic/stories/storyReader$380

L.