   Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG Marketing (was RE: [xml-dev] Do Names Matter?)

3/26/2002 10:28:26 AM, Joe English <jenglish@flightlab.com> wrote:

>Don't underestimate the marketing potential of having
>your name on the spec, James :-)  (Murata-san too.)

Yes!  I'm not sure if this has been published yet, but Murata-san
has written a couple of chapters on RELAX NG and other schema
languages in the 2nd edition of the Maruyama et al. XML AND JAVA book.
http://cseng.aw.com/book/0,3828,0201770040,00.html

I was a reviewer of the manuscript, and that helped convert me
to the RELAX NG cause.  I think others will be won over by his clear
explanations and the rather striking examples of how you can do more
with less by using RELAX NG.  (The rest of the book is also
excellent.)  So, I'm hoping that the "marketing" of RELAX NG will be
assisted by having a description of it written by its original
inventor, in clear English, available in book form.