   Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG Marketing (was RE: [xml-dev] Do Names Matter?)

> > RELAX NG does not require anything beyond what is provided by
> > SAX and DOM,
> > and can be cleanly layered on top of the parser.  Xerces (or rather
> > Xerces-J, which I assume is what you mean) supports SAX 2,
> > and so works
> > just fine with both Jing and MSV. There would be no advantage
> > in having
> > Xerces-specific RELAX NG support.
>
> Does this means that Xerces-J (yes, I meant the Java version) can validate
> an instance against a RELAX NG schema?

No, it means that existing RELAX NG validators in Java (i.e. MSV and Jing)
can use Xerces-J as their XML parser just as well as they can use any other
SAX2 parser.  Xerces-J is an XML parser; RELAX NG validation is a completely
separate process from XML parsing.

James