   Re: [xml-dev] Compiled XML

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 13:32, Niels Peter Strandberg wrote:

> gzip files is not easy to read ;-)

The XML community clings to human readability for dear life when I suggest
that one might want to use a more efficient encoding and have to use a tool
when a developer is peering inside messages to debug, yet discards it willy
nilly when they think I'm not looking :-)

> For another solution, take a look at:
> http://www.sosnoski.com/opensrc/xmls/index.html

http://www.sosnoski.com/opensrc/xmls/results.html

 - uuugghh, I just ejaculated (sorry, ladies)!

That's the kind of experiment I was planning to perform this weekend, and the
kinds of results I imagined getting.

The only difference is that I'd introduce gzipped versions of the text,
serialised DOM tree, and XMLS data, including the time taken to deflate and
inflate the data. Just since people keep raising gzipped text.

I'll try and do that this weekend...

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell