   Re: [xml-dev] Compiled XML

> The form of
> compiled XML I was envisaging would have two main aims: 1) To decrease
> message size,

gzip is good, but should be done on the transporting layer. If you are
using http then you can use the zip or gzip encoding. The client should
send an "Accept-Encoding" header with the request, specifying the wanted
encoding zip or gzip, and the server - if it supports it - sends the
result as a gzip/zip stream.

> and 2) To make messages easier to parse & read.

gzip files is not easy to read ;-)

For another solution, take a look at:
http://www.sosnoski.com/opensrc/xmls/index.html