   RE: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

> From: Joe English [mailto:jenglish@flightlab.com]

<snip/>

> Tim Bray left them out of XML-SW [1].

Yeah, but remember that XML-SW has no official standing. It's effectively
just a straw man that Tim Bray tossed out for discussion.

I think it's extremely doubtful that the W3C will completely sever support
for DTDs. I personally wouldn't mind seeing DTDs factored out as a separate
spec (like XML Schemas), but I'm sensitive to the importance of backward
compatibility and I strongly suspect the XML Core WG is even more sensitive
to this than I am.