   Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

Richard Tobin wrote:

>the special-case "pseudo-namespaced" attributes xml:lang and
>xml:space.  This would be a good thing, but we decided not to add that
>to our task-list right now.

This seems to imply that there are even more XML versions to expect. With
every version, you risk the public confidence with the standard. We were
many who disliked the first mentioning of XML 1.1, not so much for the new
version number, but for the fact that so tiny changes was taken to justify
a new version.

A new XML version must reflect the last 4 years of development. If time is
the obstacle for doing the substantial changes to XML as Tim Bray and
others have proposed, I think it's better to stop. Do it right, or don't
touch it.

Gustaf