   RE: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

Well, I can certainly the importance of supporting DTDs because of the
installed base of users. But DTD-based modularization has always seemed
inordinately clunky and unweildy to me -- especially when employed with
grammars that use namespaces. Maybe its just me, but I've never been able to
get used to this.

I'd love to see the W3C embrace a more robust approach to doing this sort of
thing, such as the RELAX NG-based approach to XHTML modularization that
James Clark has demonstrated [1].

[1] http://thaiopensource.com/relaxng/xhtml/