   ANN: Second Edition of XSLFO Tutorial Materials (XML-DEV)

Announce: Second Edition of XSLFO Tutorial Materials

   Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
   (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
   Second Edition - 2002-04-05 - ISBN 1-894049-09-8
   Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
   / 361 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
   /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an
   /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
   /           / Free 175-page download preview excerpt.

This revised Second Edition again contains all formatting objects of the
W3C XSLFO 1.0 Recommendation with additional text, examples, twice as many
diagrams, and new content based on feedback and requests for additions from
existing customers.  It has been four months since the last edition.

The free download preview excerpt (in both A4 and US-letter page sizes) has
also been updated to reflect the content of the new edition.  If you have
downloaded the earlier free preview excerpt, you may wish to pick up a new
copy.

As with our other editions of our electronically distributed training
material, the purchase of any edition of any electronic publication
entitles the customer to all future editions of the same material at no
charge.  Future editions will continue to track changes in the
Recommendations, therefore, your one purchase (there are no continual fees)
will always be up-to-date with these W3C technologies.  Also, you can
influence how the material evolves by asking us to consider changes you'd
like to see.

Information can be obtained from the link below to the "Book Sales" section
on the Crane web site (also the location of the free download preview excerpt).

We hope you find this useful and we look forward to your feedback.

.............. Ken

p.s. Attention existing customers: You should have received your update
notice by now, but some email addresses are bouncing.  If you have not
received your notice then I need to update my records with new addresses
... please forward a copy of your receipt in order to obtain the latest
username/password for download.  Any bounced addresses from this release
will be removed from future announcements while we await word from you.

p.p.s. Derivatives of this material are being licensed by companies and
training organizations around the world to deliver to their staff and their
customers; see the bottom of our Course Schedule page for a list of current
licensees and for our own deliveries of this material in the local Ottawa,
Canada area.

p.p.p.s. Customers of site-wide and world-wide purchases are entitled to
free copies, just as the individual purchases, but only your company
designated contact has been notified of the update.  It is up to your
company contact to obtain the copy to be posted on your internal
networks.  There is no limit to the number of staff members (not your
customers, please!) who can obtain a copy through the site-wide and
world-wide licenses.

p.p.p.p.s. Don't forget we have other electronic and paper books:

  Paper (available (hopefully!) from your local bookstore):

   Definitive XSLT and XPath
   First Edition - 2001-12-10 - ISBN 0-13-065196-6
   Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
   Prentice Hall PTR - 393 pages
   (a print-only rendition of the Ninth Edition of
    Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath;
    this does not qualify for free electronic updates)
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxx-info.htm
   Sample: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxx-sample.htm

  Electronic (available from our web site):

   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
   (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
   Tenth Edition - 2001-12-06 - ISBN 1-894049-08-X
   Copyright (c) 2001 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
   / 394 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
   /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an
   /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
   /           / Free 140-page download preview excerpt.

cc: (sorry for the duplicates; we know many people subscribe to multiple
lists, but we also suspect there are members on only one list who we need
to reach)
XSL List
XSL-FO List
XSL-FO-WWW
XML-DEV
XML-L
XML-DOC
XML-EDI
fop-user
comp.text.xml
microsoft.public.xml
microsoft.public.xsl

--
Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
-       : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                        Definitive XSLT & XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1               Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:   2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
-                                06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31