   Re: [xml-dev] A plea for Sanity

4/6/2002 10:23:35 AM, "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 02:08, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>> All this makes me thing that we should resurect Common XML (or create a
>> "lite XML" or "XML light").
>
>Just as reference, Common XML is available at:
>http://simonstl.com/articles/cxmlspec.txt

This has stood the test of time, IMHO -- even though it was directed at a
"document" audience, SOAP 1.1 / 1.2 implicitly came to a very similar position
on what is commonly supported and interoperable in XML. Still, we really ought
to revisit at least the namespaces section ... and analyze what really works
across the board in schema languages, etc.

One of these days, we need to setup the XML Best Practices Wiki, weblog,
discussion list, or something that we talk about every few months.  Leigh has
volunteered to host it off Eclecic, as I recall, but the real problem is human
resources ... danged day jobs!

Everybody buy lottery tickets and fund the XML Sanity Foundation if you win
:~)