   Re: [xml-dev] UDDI, RDF, semweb?

4/7/2002 4:24:41 PM, "Jens Jakob Andersen, PDI" <jens.jakob.andersen@post.dk> wrote:

>Me thinks that if UDDI would marry RDF, the semweb would suddenly be a lot closer.

Look at the requirements for the Web Services Description group by the W3C.  They mandate a
closer relationship between WSDL and the semantic web http://www.w3.org/2002/01/ws-desc-
charter#mapping  If by "UDDI" you mean "searchable repositories of WSDL descriptions of web
services", I think the W3C agrees with you.

I *personally* (not speaking for my employer or the various W3C activities I'm involved in)
think that a forced wedding of the web services and semantic web activities is misguided;
If the semantic web would prove its practical value, suitors will be lining up at its door
rather than Papa TimBL having to round them up with his shotgun :~).

[sorry, but JJ used the "UDI marry RDF" metaphor, and I couldn't help myself!]