   Re: [xml-dev] Anybody knows about TMQL?

* jwchoi@digiweb21.com

| Im now studing about Topic Map.. with XML.
| and.. i, at last, confronted with the querying problem..
| There are many references in topicmaps.net..
| but query related references are mostly deleted..
| Give me any information about TopicMap Query Language.. ..
| anything will be help. thanks.

I am not sure what you are looking for. The status of the ISO standard
TMQL is that we have written a requirements document, and are now
waiting for the topic map model work to be completed before anything
more is done.

In the meantime various people have developed experimental query
languages, partly for real-world use right now, and partly as input to
the TMQL standardization process.

Does that answer your question?

Note: there is a TMQL mailing list at

You may want to subscribe and ask your questions there.

(Sorry that this answer is so late, BTW. I've been on holiday, but
felt this was important enough to warrant a late answer.)