   Naive Question about NS 1.1

I think I'm misunderstanding something, can anyone point
where my train of thought is being derailed:

- The Infoset defines that the namespace information items
for an element are all those that are in scope. i.e. defined
on this element or it's ancestors.

- This leads to bleeding of namespaces from ancestors causing
the problems cited in the NS 1.1 Reqs. w.r.t SOAP/XQuery

- This leads to revising the namespace spec to allow undeclaring of
namespaces, alleviating the issues in the other specifications.

Why let changes ripple out like this? Why can't the infoset definitions be
changed? Why does an element need namespace information items?

I'm sure there's a good reason, I'm just not sure what it is.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Research Group, Ingenta | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"