   Re: [xml-dev] Naive Question about NS 1.1

> Why let changes ripple out like this? Why can't the infoset definitions be
> changed? Why does an element need namespace information items?

I always assumed you needed to know what namespaces were in scope to
determine what namespace a particular element was bound to:

<x:root xmlns:x="http://www.example.org/";>
  <x:child/>
</x:root>

In the above the in scope namespace for child is "http://www.example.org";
bound to the "x" prefix. Without the in scope namespaces you would need to
redeclare the namespace at every level wouldn't you?

I am not sure what the interpretation of the element is if it is moved out
of the document. Obviously it changes based on context (namespaces that are
in-scope).

Maybe I am misunderstanding...

Regards,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting