   Convonluted Standards

I am trying to understand these standards, I really am.

First you have XHTML which I understand is a reformulation of HTML to a XML scheme(not schema).
and uses CSS as it's primary styleing language.  (the current defacto standard of the web)

But it steps on the new Metadata Standard of RDF, and doesn't even offer an evolutionary fix for this.
Xforms(while a recent addition to the XML body and still in the works isn't even mentioned)

Some of the standards appear to be written by PHD's for PHD's (RDF Schema, Xschema)

When reading one standard and then the next, that there is no coordination in the Standards bodies
to mesh the standards to work with each other.

Why for instance is XML namespaces by itself, when it appears that for a truely working Internet based
language would need it as a base standard.  I get the feeling that it should be part of what a well formed
xml document is, even at the Local level, it feels like it is best to design any language with idea that it can
use other parts.

Is this just me. or is it everyone that notices this.

It appears that this Semantic web Idea, doesn't have an evolutionary plan at its base.  is this correct?? What
is the base plan to evolve from the old HTML non data centric world to a semantic web.

Is there hope for us that are not PHD's and don't have the language base that some of the standards use.

Are the standards going to be written that at least use the same terminolgy as other standards??

Frustrated.

Douglas