   Re: [xml-dev] [good] Question about NS 1.1

Michael Kay wrote:

> Michael Kay:
> > And I have yet to see a
> > > proposal that cleans up the namespace model without
> > breaking applications that work today according to the current specs.
> >
> James Anderson:
>
> > To the extent that an application expects a prefix-namespace binding
> > which was apparent in the dynamic context of a given document's parser
> > to have indefinite extent, the application is already broken.
> >
> Sorry, but we're on a different wavelength. I don't see how you can describe
> an application that uses facilities defined in the current W3C
> specifications (facilities that were put there deliberately and that are
> implemented uninformly in a dozen products) and that uses these facilities
> as they were designed to be used, as "broken".

because there are cases where the result of an operation which combines
two dom components each of which respectively conforms to the
specification is undefined.

they may not be the "likely" cases which you referred to in your earlier
response, but they within the general case.