   RE: [xml-dev] [good] Question about NS 1.1

> > Michael Kay:
> > > And I have yet to see a
> > > breaking applications that work today according to the
> current specs.
> > >
> > James Anderson:
> >
> > > To the extent that an application expects a
> prefix-namespace binding
> > > which was apparent in the dynamic context of a given
> document's parser
> > > to have indefinite extent, the application is already broken.
> > >
> > Sorry, but we're on a different wavelength.
>
> Let's see if we can tune into the same wavelength?

> Can a DOM which cannot support operations like

I wasn't talking about DOM, perhaps that's why we're not on the same
wavelength. DOM's object model precedes namespaces and the InfoSet, and it's
handling of namespaces leaves me completely bewildered.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com