   Re: [xml-dev] [good] Question about NS 1.1

Michael Kay wrote:

> > > Michael Kay:
> > current specs.
> > > >
> > > James Anderson:

> > prefix-namespace binding
> > document's parser
> > > >
> > > Sorry, but we're on a different wavelength.
> >
> > Let's see if we can tune into the same wavelength?

> > Can a DOM which cannot support operations like
> >

> I wasn't talking about DOM, perhaps that's why we're not on the same
> wavelength. DOM's object model precedes namespaces and the InfoSet, and it's
> handling of namespaces leaves me completely bewildered.

Then I will resource to the generic characterisation:

Can a document model which cannot support operations like

[the one demonstrated]

be said to work for documents which are namespace-aware?
Can implementations built on such a document model be said to work for documents
which are namespace-aware?