   RE: [xml-dev] XHTML survival rate?

> From: Doug Ransom [mailto:Doug.Ransom@pwrm.com]

<snip/>

> Most HTML tools generate bad HTML with embedded font tags splathered
> throught documents (as opposed to CSS); until widely used
> products like
> front page start emitting XHTML, we are going to see XML
> limited to those
> concerned with accessability or embeddability or long term
> survivability of
> their pages.

Most of the web developers I've worked with just edit tags by hand. If it
displays OK in the browser, they're done. So I'm not sure how much of a dent
tool support will make (though I'm sure it would help).

I'm sure, though, that if XHTML introduced some new innovative mechanism to
deluge the user with ads, that would certainly provide impetus for most
sites on the net to move to XHTML.