   Re: [xml-dev] [good] Question about NS 1.1

> How can the XSLT processor know it as soon as the element tag has been
> parsed?  The XSLT processor doesn't parse element tags, the parser does!
> After parsing, the element names have been resolved but the QName in the
> attribute value hasn't (because the parser doesn't know it's a QName).
> So the parser has to pass the namespace map to the XSLT processor.

Just another confused question from me: should there be separate
consideration for parsers that expose namespaces through an outer layer? For
example, in SAX you can adapt non-namespace supporting parsers to layered
parsers which expose the namespaces. I can't really get my head around my
question-- but it is something like this: if there is a simple software
solution to make namespaces work-- even for parsers that weren't originally
designed to support them they can't be that broken. It feels like there are
two (maybe three) notions of what the problem is:

1) QNames in content (but again a layer could add support for this
downstream?)

2) Joe English's sanity breakdown (which is actually genius...)

3) The need to undeclare in scope namespaces (linked to 1?)

What is it we are trying to solve again? Sorry for the confusion....

-Jeff Rafter