   Re: [xml-dev] XHTML survival rate?

Hi,

Braumüller, Hans wrote:

> my opinion is that unevitable XHTML will be come, as the older browsers
> disappears.

But will this XHTML be valid or even well formed? In other words, will
it be XHTML or a step toward XHTML?

In a recent (and limited) survey <plug
xlink:href="http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/tetrack.asp#riddles"/> which I
made on the web, I have been very surprised to see that less than 50% of
the pages found with a declaration of a XHTML namespace are well formed
(I am not even speaking of validity)...

I think we have to face it: XML or not, pages on the web are what they
are, we have no power to enforce any format or specification and will
have to adapt our tools and relax our parsers if we don't want to
restrict ourselves to accessing an insignificant proportion of the web.

Eric
--
See you in Barcelona.
                               http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/schedule.asp