   RE: [xml-dev] Boundless Space and Identity

Len Bullard wrote,
> A teaser for those who like such:  can one effectively address
> points in a space that has no boundaries?

Depends on the space.

Consider the integers mod k as a one dimensional space (ie. a closed,
discrete, curve). Every point in the space has a successor (and no two
points have the same successor), so it has no boundaries, yet we can
enumerate all the points in the space in O(k) time.

I presume that's not quite what you meant tho' ...

Cheers,

Miles

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) (the "intended recipient (s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views of InterX plc. Any copyright in this message shall remain vested in InterX plc and the intended recipient may only copy the same for internal business purposes or as otherwise stated in this message.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet.
http://www.star.net.uk