-----Original Message-----
From: Miles Sabin [mailto:MSabin@interx.com]

Len Bullard wrote,
> A teaser for those who like such:  can one effectively address
> points in a space that has no boundaries?

Depends on the space.

Consider the integers mod k as a one dimensional space (ie. a closed,
discrete, curve). Every point in the space has a successor (and no two
points have the same successor), so it has no boundaries, yet we can
enumerate all the points in the space in O(k) time.

I presume that's not quite what you meant tho' ...