   RE: [xml-dev] Adobe Discovers Information Can Change

Hey there,

It's my first post out here as I recently joined this list. I think your
points Len are a little harsh towards Adobe (I don't know enough about
ArborText though).

Adobe, in their own way (that is at the deep core graphics, and then
network publishing) have embraced XML fairly early in its existence,
providing a world-class and free SVG implementation since the earliest
days of the SVG Working Drafts (the Adobe SVG Viewer). They have since
done an extensive work publicizing SVG, included SVG support in many
products (Illustrator, AlterCast, InDesign and FrameMaker), introduced
an XML-based metadata platform called XMP and pushed custom XML grammars
for interoperability between Adobe applications.

As a regular user of Adobe products I am really satisfied by how they
have been using XML in their products, and very intelligently too; and
by that I do not mean the "hype factor" - contrary to rival Macromedia -
but for the sheer benefit of useability.

Antoine