   Re: IBM patents pertain to ebXML.

Len said:

> IBM patents pertain to ebXML.
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1106-884681.html

Since I'm involved with an ebXML project at GM, this concerns me greatly.  What are
they thinking?  The negative PR has got to cost them more than any potential
revenue (till the rest of the world comes up with a free, open competing standard to
CPP/CPA's).

Funny thing is that I have a meeting with one of IBM's ebXML guru's tomorrow...he's
already been put on notice that I wish to discuss this recent development.

Also check out:

   http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2861123,00.html

About IBM and Microsoft's patent/IP claims on SOAP, WSDL and more.  It also
applies to their "hot off the press" WS-Security proposal to extend SOAP....all
proprietary IP that they reserve the right to ding you for each time you use it.  Ouch!

> "So much for the honest way.

That about says it all Len!

;-(

...Andrzej