   RE: [xml-dev] which xml schema tools do it right concerning including at

I agree that it is mixing two different levels since although the sForS
matters when validating a schema it does not for validating instance
documents.

However we don't think that on the one hand an imported schema that
redefines the XML namespace can be ignored when validating the schema
but then on the other hand should override the meaning of the contents
of the XML namespace when using the schema to validate an instance
document. This is rather inconsistent and where I come from we call that
"Crazy Talk"...

If one wants to alter the meaning of the contents of the XML namespace
then <xs:redefine> can be used to achieve that.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Lynch's Law: When the going gets tough, everyone leaves.

rights.
You assume all risk for your use. (c) 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights reserved.