-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Bourret [mailto:rpbourret@rpbourret.com]

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
> Perhaps you are confusing the notion of being certain (or do I mean
> confident?) of the origin of a page with the notion of trusting the
> content.

But knowing the origin of the page is useful in deciding whether to
trust the content:

if (know_origin)
{
   if (trust_origin) // personal decision, not machine decision
      trust = true;
   else
      trust = false;
}
else
   trust = false;

> It illustrates the more general point that knowing the origin of
> content is of limited value in knowing whether the content can be
> trusted or not.

Really? I always consider the source of information when trying to
decide if I believe that information. Of course, as a general rule,
anything on the Web gets a high untrustworthiness rating simply because
it is on the Web...