   RE: [xml-dev] which xml schema tools do it right concerning including at

So basically there is a loophole in the spec where although the correct
type information for xml:base, xml:lang and xml:space must be used in a
schema, that the same does not apply for an instance document. Currently
the spec does not explicitly prevent me from specifying that xml:lang
must be an integer between 5 and 10 or that xml:base must only be a date
in an instance document.

However we do not think that allowing such a loophole to exist and
thereby allowing people to redefine the meanings of xml:base, xml:space
and xml:lang in their schema is desirable. So our implementation assumes
that the XML namespace is imported in every schema it validates and
ignores any re-importation of the XML namespace.

Thanks for your comments, as usual they were informative and well
thought out.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
The best time to buy something was last year.

rights.
You assume all risk for your use. (c) 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights reserved.

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd, and then import that into your schema.
(But remember that you can only redefine schemas that have the same
target namespace as the schema that you're defining, so you can't use a
redefine instead of an import, only *as well*.)

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison