   Re: [xml-dev] Patents

Also sprach Len Bullard:

> If we insist on having mail filters, we
> need smarter ones than SmartFilter.  I had
> to edit your response, Alain, before it
> would let this out.

We're lucky the filter allowed you to send the quoted content below. I'll
probably get arrested if I ever go to the U.S. again now. Or to India - my
former message was rejected by an inbound MailScan filter over there. "Bin
Laden" did however not cause any rejection, so now we know where the true
danger is.

> "The following email you sent was not delivered to the
> intended recipients as it had restricted contents in it!
> The restricted content present was "porn".
>
> Action taken: The email was Deleted."
>
> So much for this wonderful edifice of communication
> technologies.

Yes, corporate short-sightedness still amazes me every day. In order to
prevent employees from over-interest in dirty web surfing or emailing, they
should probably instead set up "free love" rooms where managers and
employees freely "mix up" and solve conflicts the Bonobo Way (instead of the
pervasive Chimpanzee or Baboon Way):

http://www.ishipress.com/sci-bono.htm

XML-DEV itself tends to be male-dominated however, I noticed, so we're off
to a bad start.

Alain.
---
Alain Rogister