   RE: [xml-dev] W3C Culture and Aims (Was: What does SOAP really ad d?)

Ann Navarro wrote:
> I've been involved in both open information and closed-forum
> initiatives,
> and I find much more productivity in the limited-access venues.

I'd be very interested to hear other opinions on this. Personally I've been
involved in both open and closed initiatives, and my experience runs
entirely counter to yours. Not only does an open forum give far more scope
for getting input from a broad range of knowledgeable parties, in my
experience it forces participants to be more focused and to take seriously
the fact that they are making specs for outside parties to whom they are
ultimately accountable. I would stress that by open forum I mean open access
to information. Letting anyone and his brother participate actively is a
horse of a different color, and I would oppose this.

Matt