   Re: [xml-dev] What does SOAP really add?

Hi Joshua,

Joshua said:
XSLT document() can't do POST either.  Saying that "all things that do
not use GET are inaccessible to GET", is not informative.  I understood
Paul's position, but I think it's a circular argument.

Didier replies:
Good point. How many times I was stuck with the problem of not being able to
include a document returned from a form request (i.e. an HTTP POST). The
XSLT document function is limited to the HTTP GET and do not support the
different ways to access information through the standard HTTP 1.1. This a
serious limitation is preventing the full benefit of dynamic documents
inclusion. Moreover, it seems that XSLT 2.0 don't even resolve the issue.

cheers
Didier PH Martin