   Re: [xml-dev] What does SOAP really add?

Julian Reschke wrote:

>I personally don't think it's an issue at all. As others pointed out, POST
>may have side effects, so I'm not convinced that it is a good idea to do it
>from XSLT.

But until GET is extended to allow structured parameter blocks we have
no alternative to using POST.

Let's say it simply and clearly. Web Services has exposed a substantial
requirement for queries with complex parameters that cannot (as far I
have seen so far) be expressed as orthodox GETs. The old distinction -
between read-only GETs consisting of {name, value} lists and POSTs,
which have the flexibility to pass XML blocks - is past its sell-by
date. The angels have taken it for a friend. It is an expired paradigm.

Let's move on?

Francis.