   Is there a good site that explains the nuts and bolts of t6he internet

datagrams, http, tcp/ip functionality, character formats unicode, parsing,
error handling???

I would like to find a site that does the nuts and bolts of the web and all
its protocols and standards in a down to earth functional way.

Details such as the IP and Port No ++++ of datagrams,??? what's in a
datagram??
Routing tables explained properly
TCP/IP and what it does and how it builds a file stream from datagrams
http and what it is all about
How html is parsed into a dom tree and the other files referred are
processed and down loaded, it how TCP/IP and data grams are initiated, how
port numbers are allocated etc.
Something on how fire walls work by denying port numbers ???
and as much on the nuts and bolts of the internet as possible.

Is there a site that covers all the possible ways that web designers can
interact with the users? ie edit boxes XForms, dialog boxes, java script,
dynamic html, music, voice, dynamic giffs, ie all the possibilities for
building the human/machine interface for internet users.???

I have a uni assignment and any bits will help, I have to build a web site
that covers this topic, I will gladly put it back unto the internet giving
credit where feasible to all the contributors and a zip file that allows
others to download and enhance it.

I think this is needed
many thanks Trevor Croll