   RE: Re: [xml-dev] What does SOAP really add?

Hi Didier, I hope life is well.

Please read my ICDE 2001 and XML 2000 papers on providing access to SQL
Server via the web. It covers the XML capabilities and the HTTP
capabilities (but not the SOAP capabilities) of SQL Server 2000 and
gives answers to questions such as what is being returned: hierarchical
XML and not flat rowsets in the format that the user specified using
his/her annotated schema. XSLT can be applied for additional
post-processing etc.

Best regards
Michael (going back to lurking...)