   Out of topic or out of interest?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Out of topic or out of interest?
  • From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 22:27:20 +0200

I don't know how to formulate this email so that it doesn't sound as
critical or inflamatory which is not at all the intent, but the number
of emails and threads which I am skipping on xml-dev seems to be growing
exponentialy these days.

I do not want to give any judgment on the quality on these mails (this
would be too personal and subjective) but I am primarly interested in
core XML technologies (maybe I should call this hardcore or extreme XML)
and not that much in specific applications (such as Web Services to name
one) nor phylosophical or business discussions (I have nothing against
phylosophers nor businessmen and have even some specimens in my family
but just don't understand them).

I am longing for a list rich of actual angle brackets, dedicated to
technical discussions (such as the xml-dev which has given birth to SAX
and RDDL, discussed pro and cons of schema languages or XUpdate
syntaxes, used to help the newbies, ...).

The point of this email is just to try to understand if xml-dev is such
a list (and then the mails and theads I am skipping are more or less out
of topic) or if I need to search another place (which may eventually
still need to be created)!

Eric (hoping he is not starting an endless thread)
--
See you in Barcelona.
                               http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/schedule.asp