   Microsoft & SVG

This post could get me into trouble with Eric. :) Hopefully not.

I was wondering if any of the Microsoft guys on the list could make any
comment about Microsoft's intentions in relation to extending XML support to
include support for SVG.

I was thinking both of the possibility that SVG may be implemented in
Internet Explorer 7 to provide native SVG rendering and that it might be
implemented within the .Net framework to allow server-side data-driven
XML-based graphics generation.

Of course, MS may also be working on a next-generation XML browser similar to
the concept of the XSmiles browser (www.x-smiles.org). If so I would expect
SVG-based functionality within that.

If the only possible answer to these questions is "No comment" I will
understand.

Andrew Watt