   RE: [xml-dev] Out of topic or out of interest?

Me too.  What Didier said.

The technical people overrate their technology
consistently.  That is why the business people
have to evaluate it closely.

SOAP is succeeding and the volume of the discussions
on this list show that.  RPC is an acceptable and
valuable means to create a distributed computing
system even where it creates a higher cost of
up-front integration.  Not all resources of importance
need URIs and it is unlikely that owners will
accept the TAGs opinions on that topic given that
the toolkits make it reasonable to use SOAP messages
consistently.  This is particularly attractive for
legacy applications that replicate into data warehouses,
a recommended architecture for performance and
security reasons perhaps even after the WS architecture
for security is implemented.

None of that affects REST in the least.  What people
do with their development resources is not our or
the TAG's shot to call.  All the TAG has to do is
issue opinions that are included as warranties to
system behavior of systems over which they have
authority.

len