   RE: [xml-dev] Re: white space transformations (was xinclude)

>The typical data set / stylesheet combination is almost
>always larger than the pre-rendered data -- in my experience,

A counter-example (sample of one): the XSLT specification.

2 XML source documents: 541 + 55 Kb
3 stylesheet modules: 22 + 2 + 12 Kb
1 HTML output file: 746 Kb

I'm actually mildly surprised how small the expansion factor is. At one
earlier draft the HTML was 950 Kb, that was caused by using indent="yes".

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com