   [xml-dev] New approach

I like your thinking... :)

---
> It seems that we have a layered architecture emerging:

Where would OpenMath stand?

The core is based on a (small) set of objects independent of the language or
encoding scheme.  However, every OpenMath processor is required to support
the XML grammar, so is it a "standalone language?"

OpenMath expressions are meaningless without the context provided by
externally linked "content dictionaries."  As these dictionaries are
standardized, does this mean the OpenMath is a collection of "information
pools" rather than an individual language?

---
Jimmy Cerra
"I'm the W3C of my own fantasy-world!"

http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/