   Re: [xml-dev] XPath 1.5? (was RE: [xml-dev] typing and markup)

Jonathan Robie:
> So far, I really feel like we are discussing various people's philosophies
> of XML. The requirements for XQuery were based on use cases, not on philosophy.

OK.  I'm a bit fed up at this badgering.  Have you read the subject line, lately?

XQuery is of no interest, currently, to me, so I'm not going to go and read the stack of specs just so that I can give you a counter-example to their sanctity.

I do more development in the XML space in a day than most people do in a month.  I think this is the case for many of the people in this discussion, so tossing about barbs about philosophy as a way to bait people back into your desired corral of argument is neither warranted nor useful.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston): http://www.xmlconference.com/
DAML Reference - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/01/damlref.html
RDF Query using Versa - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think10/index.html
XML, The Model Driven Architecture, and RDF @ XML Europe - http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/kttrack.asp#themodel