   RE: [xml-dev] XPath 1.5? (was RE: [xml-dev] typing and markup)

I think it best to pick that which may be in use
in a lot of shops.  Otherwise, the sources are
irrelevant.  The question is how and where XSD
can help people bridge systems like this using
XML?  It's no good to demand people throw down
a working technology (eg, let's all go to
XML native databases) not that any one has.

If there is a type system,
then it should enable that bridging such that
when the XML is the bridge, I get the same
results regardless of the backend.   So,
in what ways does the XSD type system help
and where does it hurt?  If it is, as asserted,
the basis for other XML language type systems,
(not elements and attributes, but datatypes),
that help or harm becomes a limit for XML
systems.

Workahead:  understood, and glad for it.
Otherwise, I'd have to sing for my supper
again.  The Offertories I played last weekend
went into other coffers. :-)

len