   RE: [xml-dev] XQuery types was Re: [xml-dev] Yet another plea for XUpda

At 10:09 AM 5/8/2002 -0700, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
>I personally fail to see any reason why XQuery
>implementers should go out of their way to try to be interoperable if
>doing so would require undue difficulty on their end.

Are you seriously saying that vendors should implement whatever they want,
instead of implementing the spec, if they find something that is easier to
implement? Perhaps the W3C should stop writing "Recommendations" and start
writing "Hints". But I don't see how that leads to interoperability, and I
think users want interoperability.

Please, Dare, if there are things that require undue difficulty, be very
specific about what they are, and post to our public comments list. Don't
just implement whatever seems easiest and ignore the spec.

Jonathan