   RE: [xml-dev] RE: working with text (was RE: [xml-dev] XPath 1.5? )

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 10:40, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Simon St. Laurent wrote:
>
> >  Perhaps.  At this point, I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that
> >  any effort to apply strong typing to markup is in fact "a whole new
> >  class of XML processing apps" - and one that shouldn't be confused
> >  with XML.
>
> I think that you are saying that XML, as defined by the current XML
> specifications, should not be confused with XML. I find that confusing.

No, Jonathan.  I'm saying that the W3C has built on XML in ways that are
fundamentally in conflict with what XML 1.0 does.

That they continue to label everything in sight "XML" is indeed
confusing.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!