   Re: [xml-dev] PSVI formalization

At 11:15 AM -0400 5/9/02, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>A binary PSVI format could sure make XML-RPC (PSVI-RPC?) messages a lot
>smaller.  All it takes is a spec, some free parsers, and some tools.
>Maybe someday programmers will look back on XML as the bootstrap phase
>of the PSVI, while the occasional markup geek still pokes around CDATA
>sections.

Simon,

What a brilliantly insidious idea! Condemning the PSVI folks to
irrelevance by tricking them into returning to binary file formats,
and thus giving up all the proven benefits XML has achieved through
straight-forward textual representations that are almost always
smaller than the binary formats they replace. Why, I bet they'll
spend years developing binary PSVI solutions while the rest of us got
real work done with text. I commend your deviousness! I bow before
your evil genius!

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
33rd degree member of the Secret Society of Syntactic Supervillians