   Re: [xml-dev] PSVI formalization

>I'm asking today for a fully-instantiated PSVI, one that gives
>programmers immediate access to the typed data the PSVI promises

In fact, the PSVI doesn't provide "immediate access" to typed data.
There's no property that gives you the typed value of an element or
attribute.  All you get is the [schema normalized value] - which is a
string - and the type.  It would be natural for a PSVI implementation
to provide the typed value (eg as a Java object of a suitable class),
but the PSVI itself doesn't address that.

-- Richard