   The vision for XPath 2.0

I have become increasingly concerned as I have been following the XPath
discussions over the last few days.

What is the rationale for XPath 2.0 being sacrificed on the altar of XQuery?

The snippets of information that have emerged from WG members hint that
little thought has been given to what XPath 2.0 should be, other than to
serve as a handmaiden to XQuery 1.0. Is that is mis-characterisation of the
situation?

What was the vision for XPath 2.0? It would be good to be informed that there
is a clear, practical and relevant vision for XPath 2.0.

If I need to move large quantities of goods I can make use of an 18-wheeler
if I want one. I don't need (or want) an 18-wheeler when I just want to pick
up a newspaper at the corner store.

Andrew Watt