   Re: [xml-dev] XPath 2.0 - how much of XQuery should it include?

Jonathan Robie wrote:
> The sarcasm sometimes gets in the way of this discussion. It's a reason
> that some people prefer not to hang out on XML-Dev. If you want to increase
> communication between the designers of XML standards and XML-Dev, give us
> lots of well reasoned, technical discussion, and be polite to us.

I think it's reasonable to expect politeness, but sarcasm, rants,
generalities, and other human foibles are part of the mix in every
technical discussion I've ever been in. Sorting through the chaff to get
to the wheat is part of the job description.

-- Ron

P.S. I also suspect that more participation from WG members would (after
a time) decrease, not increase, things like sarcasm. Let's face it,
consciously or subconsciously, one of the reasons people participate in
discussions is simply a desire to be heard.