   Re: [xml-dev] typing and markup (was Re: [xml-dev] XQuery types)

Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> There's good reason why people who give Python a good hard look
 > (and get past the issue of significant whitespace) don't often turn
back to Java.

Hm... I don't buy it.  At Antarcti.ca we use perl (logically equivalent
to python in this context) for processing large input data pools, Java
for really complicated geometric layout algorithms that are being
refined and improved all the time, and C for apache modules that
manipulate large shared-memory data structures to process hundreds of
complex map-views per second on commodity Intel hardware.  None of these
would be improved by replacing them with either of the others. -Tim