   RE: [xml-dev] frustration (was RE: [xml-dev] XPath 2.0 )

Alaric,

What a beautifully understated website! :-) Seriously, your idea for the
technical approach for the discussion forums with the option to publish
documents sounds perfect. I'm not sure whether the idea of Open Research is
compatible with Open Standards. Would you want to combine these two on the
same site? If so, we need to agree that they are compatible goals (I could
be convinced no doubt). If not, then I would accept the URL unhesitatingly,
at least as an interim step.

Could we use the mailing list? I noticed there hasn't been that much
actively lately besides some spam. This would be useful since I guarantee
that someone will complain within the next 48 hours about this list being
used to discuss subversive efforts only tangentially related to XML. (Of
course, we can use eGroups or whatever as well.)

Also, how much (if any) of the discussion forum technology has already been
developed? Is it from some standard source or custom developed?

Matt